Friday, January 17, 2014

Getting Ready For The Weekend

I am one tired girl tonight. Today has been busy, busy. It started with no sleep last night. Another cold front moved through so the fibro fairy and I argued all night. I thought she should allow the Sandman to come in but she wanted to play the muscle spasm game. She won.

I left early and did my grocery shopping. I also did my daughter's grocery shopping so I can stock her fridge when I go visit her at her college tomorrow. I haven't seen her in two weeks so I am excited. Let's hope the weather is feeling kinder tomorrow than it was today. If not, I'm going anyway. I look forward to our visits.

After putting away the groceries, I threw a couple of pork roasts in the crock pot on low so that when I get home tomorrow, I can pull the meat apart, add bar-b-que sauce and coleslaw and viola! Dinner is ready with very little rushing around on my part. The family can eat pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and chips while I take a much needed nap. I just love that crock pot! It makes my life so much simpler.

I spent the late afternoon pulling jewelry patterns that I had made before the holidays pulled me away from them. It's time to get back on the horse and rebuild my stock so that I can revamp my etsy store and do one more thing that I adore. I absolutely love making jewelry. The more intricate, the better. I found out that if I focus on tiny work (seed beads), I do not focus on what my body is doing at all. I get lost in both jewelry making and writing. It is a form of therapy and it helps to bring in a decent income. My goal this year is to get my greenhouse built and also a new wood shop for my husband.

He has built a shop on every property that we have owned except this one. We only bought this house three years ago and he has been so busy with work, there has been no time for him to build one. I want to have it done for him as a gift. I am not entirely being the sweet, loving wife. I have ulterior motives. He has been telling me that he is ready to start working from home in his own shop again but he is just too busy to slow down and build the shop. I want him to work from home. I miss that! I like having my husband near by. I like working in his shop with him. The smell of the wood, being able to have lunch with him everyday, knowing that if I need to make an appointment for him, it won't matter if he can take time off to go to the chiropractor because he is his own boss...ya. It's time to get that back. I'm not romanticizing it. We both need our space at times but I love being around my husband.

This is going to be a fun and challenging year. I am so looking forward to all of the changes. For now though, I am looking forward to sleep. I have locked all of the doors and windows in the hope that the fibro fairy will take a hint. I hope that you all sleep well and you have a fun, pain free weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment