Monday, February 17, 2014

Waiting For Me

I looked across the river and saw you standing there
The waves, they roared liked thunder
The wind whipped against my hair

Behind you shone the sunlight
Above me poured the rain
You called out something to me
The wind whisked your words away

You gestured wide behind you
Emerald fields and fruited trees
Thunder split brown earth beneath me
And brought me to my knees

Suddenly you whispered
Much louder than a shout,
"The storm resides inside you
It's within and not without!
Now you must calm the tempest
You must purge the rage
Release the ties that bind you
Cause the ropes to fray."

I listened with intensity
I watched you stretch your hand
And realized that in front of me
Stood the woman that I am

I turned to look behind me
Such misery and pain
You whispered, "Just look forward.
Don't turn around again.

Your name means something special
You used to hold it dear
It's something that defined you
And kept at bay the fear.

But then you let them take it.
They locked it in the dark
To diminish light eternal
Down to just a tiny spark.

The river is your savior
Now you must find a path
Leave the darkened world behind you
Find your peace and joy at last."

I looked across the river
And saw me standing there
The raging tide before me
The sunlight in my hair

I have whispered to my soul now
Of all that I should be
I sit down on the emerald land
And wait there still, for me



 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Best poetry I have read in a very long time. It is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you! That's an amazing compliment!

    ReplyDelete