Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What A Bust!

Today did not go even close to what I had planned. I hate it when that happens. I was going to get some work done, run to town and finish up a few errands that I have been putting off, cook dinner and spend the evening relaxing with my husband.
Instead, I spent half the day tracking down a possible computer virus, being treated like crap by someone I was trying to help and then the rest of the day trying to catch up on the work I missed this morning. Errands did not get run and the husband is still at work and it is 10:30 p.m. He is on a deadline to finish up a job so there is no telling when he will get home tonight.
The weather man says it will be cold for the rest of the week so it looks like I will be staying in where it's nice and warm. I'm going to choose to see that as my silver lining to an otherwise crappy day. At least I will get some work done.
When I started my business, I was well aware that there would be a learning curve. I think I am just about halfway around that curve. There are tiny little details that present themselves on a daily basis that I had not thought of ahead of time and I am finding that problem solving needs to be quick and decisive in order to move forward. I did not move very far today. Maybe an inch. Maybe.
It will all be better in the morning. I will just keep at it until I am where I want to be.
In the meantime, I have not forgotten that so many people have asked me how to coupon effectively. I will explain everything that I know in tomorrow's post. I am not an extreme couponer. I suppose that I could be but I just do not have the time to put 20 hours a week into it. That and I dislike shelf clearers because unless you are preparing for war, a long winter or giving to a food bank, I see absolutely no reason to clear an entire shelf of product when the person behind you only needed one. It's rude and selfish. That's just how I feel about it.
But I WILL explain it so you can save some cash not only at the grocery store but in clothing stores and restaurants as well.
For now, I just heard my husband pull in. So have a good night ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. well I am just now reading this blog , hope today was better than yesterday. Did you have a virus? and I totally agree it is def rude for an individual to clear a shelf of an item that someone else might need just to put it all on a shelf just incase them may one day need it ...smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Ma'am. I searched for hours and did not find a virus. But it looks like someone hacked into my email and sent a virus to some of the people on my contact list. I changed all of my passwords so let's hope that never happens again!
    And I'm with you, I like to coupon but I think it's beyond rude to clear a shelf and let it sit in your garage when the next person may have really needed that item.

    ReplyDelete