Monday, April 1, 2013

Was That Funny?

So....it's April Fool's Day and I thought I might be able to fool my children. I knew my husband wasn't going to fall for anything but my kids are gullible enough. :)
I told them I had gone to the doctor today because I had been feeling strange and guess what??? We're pregnant!
My youngest daughter got crazy happy! She was laughing and asking when the baby would be here and how did this happen - which just got me laughing because I'm sarcastic and I thought of about fifty ways to answer that little question!
My oldest daughter got doe eyed and started crying. She was just so happy for me because she knows how badly I have wanted another baby for the past 14 years. The big alligator tears rolled down her face and she was honestly over joyed for me!
My son, however, went into protection mode; 'Mom! This is a bad idea. You are 40. You have had a heart attack. You have fibromyalgia and cmp and you hurt all the time and you've had a lot of miscarriages. How are you gonna get through this?'
WOW! ummm...April fools?
My youngest daughter was disappointed that she wasn't getting a younger sibling. My oldest daughter got mad and threw the newspaper on the ground and my son says, 'Oh! Thank God!'
Ok, so now we know...pregnancy is not a joke with my kids! Think I'll skip the April fools next year! Geeze!
I am hoping this flare goes away soon. I still have my daughters' graduation to deal with. I haven't even found the  invitations that I want and she graduates in a month! I'm not procrastinating. I just can not find the design I was looking for. I have to get on the ball and plan her party, get the invites out and get ready for her to head off to college.
I am not looking forward to it. I have two children leaving home this summer. I will have one child in the house and that time will fly by too. In four years, there will be no children in the house and that makes me sad. I am happy to see them start their lives but I have been a full time Mother for so long, it will be a huge change for me. We shall see how well I handle it.
I hope everyone has had a nice April 1st. It was a beautiful day here. I think spring has finally sprung. God bless you all and a special blessing to a special little girl who turned 18 today. If you are reading this sweetheart, Happy Birthday. I love you and I am proud of the young woman you are becoming. Now, go snuggle with your Mama. 18 is grand for you but for us Mama's, 18 is a hard pill to swallow. Let her know you love her. She has loved you with her whole being for your whole life and that is never going to change. You will always be her baby no matter how old you are! Happy Birthday Darlin!

2 comments:

  1. she said THANK YOU! loved the prank LOL , I am having the same problem with invitations I know the layout I am looking for I just can't seem to find it , I am hoping it all comes together in time cause we are cutting it close to the wire ... good luck with yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY too close to the wire! I know what I want too and can not find it. I'll send you the sites I have found though. Maybe you can find what you want in one of them.

    ReplyDelete